Monday, October 13, 2008

DNG

I am so proud of my mom. Years ago she started a ministry called Drawing Near to God. Each week a group of 200 men & women gather to worship, meet in small groups, listen to her teachings, & participate in prayer ministry. She has written several studies which have gone out not only nationally but internationally (Germany, Indonesia, & England so far). She speaks throughout the year at different churches in the US & was recently asked to speak at Falls Church in D.C.! She also just recently published her first devotional book called Drawing Near to God which is available on her website (http://www.drawingneartogod.com), on http://www.amazon.com, & also in the Forest Hill bookstore in Charlotte, NC. She has also started a new blog which is really cool for a woman in her 50's (www.joanneellison.wordpress.com)!!! When I was home (Charleston) last week she asked me to do a photoshoot for her new website.. boy was I HONORED! Here are some photos of DNG in action. I was a part of the DNG bible study before I moved to Charlotte & boy did this make me miss it!!! This posting is dedicated to my mom.. I am so proud of her!!!







MY GRANDMOTHER!!! How cool is it that she is in this class!



1 comment:

Maggie said...

Oh Hope, How precious that you are so proud of your sweet mother! What a gift she is to the world!!! These pictures are a wonderful reflection of her passionate faith and beautiful Ministry. You are both a blessing in my life!!! Maggie